Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Like Roadtrips?

Then head to Gull Meadow Farms over in Richland. It is a lot of fun for kids- they have everything, minus the elephant. It disturbs me and I don't want them growing up thinking that an elephant is part of an apple orchard.

Jake has some of the goofiest faces I've ever seen! He had a great time, especially since last year he was sick when we went and couldn't enjoy himself as much. Tyler on the other hand, won't do any of the fun activities they offered. It drives me crazy!

Me: Tyler, would you like to ride on the train?
Tyler: No, I don't want to.
Me: It's really fun, Jake, Luke and Paul are all going to ride it.
Tyler: No, I don't want to.
Me: Tyler, Mommy spent $4.50 so you could ride the train.
Tyler: No, I don't want to.
At this point I pick him up and very gently put his little butt in the freakin train. He starts crying and everyone is staring. I have to walk next to the train and hold his hand. It was like this for all the activites. I made him go down the slide, I made him go on the bouncy thing, and made him go on the train. I don't know what else to do. He wouldn't have done anything and I know he would enjoy it if he would just try it!

Here's the train. What kid would not like to ride on that? By the way, it's $4.50 for all the activites, not just the train.

Here's the bouncy.
And a zip line. Luke, Paul and Jake loved the zip line.
And the slide.
They also have other fun little areas like an obstacle course, labyrinth, and last year they had a tractor tricycle course. They also have pumpkin scenes all over like this:
Then it's time for the tractor ride out to the field to get a pumpkin.

There is also an apple orchard which we did last year, but didn't have time this year. The boys love to pick apples, so we will have to do it next year for sure. My sister and I tried to get a picture of all four boys- her 2 and my 2, but that is a big joke. There is always someone who is not looking or smiling out of the four. If we have anymore kids, I'm not even going to try it.











3 comments:

Sara said...

Elephant??? At the apple orchard? I don't get the joke.

FYI - If any of you do decide to make the road trip to this really fun place, I believe tickets for kids are $6 and $1.50 for adults. (I had a coupon when we went.) Sadie didn't mention it, but the doughnuts alone are worth the drive! :)

Jessy Schoch said...

Looks like fun, I might have to try to make it over there before we leave! I never get a good picture of all four of the kids, espically now that Max won't even sit still for a second.

Sherrie said...

Oh, haven't you had one of those days when you just didn't want to go shopping? It was too fun to see the earlier pictures.