Monday, May 31, 2010

Finishing Florida

I am so ready to finish! We took this vacation almost 2 months ago!! I want to remember everything so I am making myself finish.

Anyway, we went to Boca Grande on Monday. My grandparents had a house on Boca and I went a lot when I was growing up. It was fun to take the boys to the places I went as a kid. I hadn't been since I was 22, so it had been awhile and it brought back a lot of fun memories. We spent the day at the beach and the boys each found a shark tooth. Later we took them to Banyan St. a favorite from when I was little. This picture is not the best-
It's just a fun little street lined with banyan trees.

The boys had a blast climbing and sitting in the trees. After that, it was time for ice cream.  We had a lot of fun at Boca. It is a great little island- it has bike paths, a charming little town, great beach, and not crowded. I actually meant George Bush Sr. in church at Boca when he was president and I was visiting my grandparents for spring break.

It was back to the pool on Tuesday. It was hard to keep the boys out of the water! Later in the day, we took them to the jetty to watch the boats and fisherman. After that we went to downtown Venice and let them play in the water fountains.


Mom and I got to shop on Wednesday. Venice has a lot of fun stores downtown. The boys each picked a souvenir- Ty got a shark and Jake got a t-shirt. We spent the rest of the day at the pool.

Our last day was Thursday. We made it to the beach in the afternoon, and then went out to eat at a fun restaurant right on the water called Pop's. There is nothing better than eating right on the water watching the boats and birds. It kept the boys entertained.

We packed up on Friday to head home. We were going to get up and go in the morning, but thought traffic might be bad so we waited until around 2:30 to leave. We got stuck in some traffic in Florida because of construction. The worst was outside Atlanta because of more construction. We went 2 miles and it took us 3 hours. The boys were still up and it was 11:00pm. David was getting frustrated. The computer battery was already used up so we had no movies. We kept seeing minivans with the flip down DVD players and David and I agreed our next van, we are getting a DVD player in it! I am really impressed though that we did make it home without letting the boys watch movies. We drove straight through the night and still had a big stretch the next day, and no way to charge the computer. They entertained themselves, the same way I did when I was little and there were no tv's in cars! I think we fianlly arrived at 4:00 the next day. It was good to be home! It was a great trip and I loved taking the boys to the beach. Especially Tyler who had never been. We are grateful to my mom and Bob who gave us the opportunity to take the boys on vacation. We have many memories we will never forget.







1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Nice job, Sadie. I just finished the boys' scrapbook pages too. I love the pictures of the boys on the beach.