Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tyler!

I'm behind in blogging, so this is so stale, but I want to blog it for my own memories. We had Tyler's 2nd birthday party on Saturday. He loves tractors, but it was easier for me to do a dump truck theme. Here are the invites:
Call me Martha, I made them myself. I went to Michael's for goodies for the goody bags. I wanted to get plastic yellow hard hats, but I waited until the last minute and didn't have time to order them.
The boys got a truck or loader to paint, a truck magnet, and stickers. I did girly bags for the 2 girls who attended the party.

I also ordered a pinata, so everyone also got candy with their goodie bag.


I did two games, the first was a bean bag toss into the back of a plastic dump truck. The kids had to stand on a line I moved the truck closer or farther according to age. It was a good game because all the kids were different ages. When Tyler went, he threw the first bean bag and missed, so he walked up to the truck and backed it up so it was right in front of him. It was so funny.
The other game was pin the scoop on the digger. It was another all ages game.

For the cake, I made dirt cake, which is so easy-no baking! And I put Ty's in his own truck. He loved it.
I think everyone had a good time, except maybe Jake. He had some jealousy this year. He kept telling me he was going to change his birthday and it was going to be in 3 days, so start buying his presents. Here's a pic of the kids:
Note to self: don't have another baby in December. By the time I mail invites and thank-yous I don't even want to think about Christmas cards. Plus, I have to shop for birthday and Christmas presents. Yuck.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love those invites. You are so crafty! I would have never thought of that. I love the RSVP to the project manager part and Drew and I were cracking up at Jake choosing a new birthday and then telling you to get shopping for him. HAHAHAHAHA!