Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ty At Two


This is what I get when I ask Tyler to smile. Should make for an interesting Christmas card. Anyway, here is my Ty At Two post, which I've procrastinated for two weeks! It is more for my memories than entertainment purposes.

  • You weigh 25 pounds and you are 35 inches. When Jake was 2, he weighed 27.5 and was 37 inches. You have the skinniest chicken legs and arms!

  • You LOVE your blankey and it brings you comfort, especially when you run the silky part on your cheek.

  • You LOVE your sucky, which you call "a gah" it took us a looong time to figure out what you were saying and asking for. We let you use your sucky way to much. This should be a fun habit to break-um, Supernanny please help!

  • You don't kiss on the lips, it's always been cheek to cheek. How European of you. Daddy recently taught you how to make the kissing noise, but rarely do you kiss on the lips, it's still cheek to cheek.

  • You adore Jake and copy everything he does. This has made you grow up so fast. It is so different having a second, you imitate so much more and reach milestones faster.

  • Shopping is your fave. We drop Jake off at school, and you say "shopping?" and I say "well, if you really want to, I guess we can go to Target.

  • This makes you a mini me. We love shopping, we love our blankey's, and we love clean. Also, if we don't get our way, we are not happy.

  • You've helped me do laundry since you were about ten months, putting groceries away is another fave, and lots of times you pick up your toys without us even asking!

  • You play by yourself wonderfully. Another trait of being the second child. Jake still hasn't mastered this, a sure sign of the first-born. Sometimes I have to remind myself to stop what I am doing and play with you!
  • Favorite things to do/play: swing, duplo legos, play-doh, dress up-especially the policeman, jumping in pillow pile, playing lion hunt-we go look for the cat or "lion" and when we find it we yell lion! and run back to our tent, playing with tractor and barn, digging in dirt in the garden, and building with blocks.

  • Cars is your favorite movie. All day you ask to watch it. Funny thing is, in the two years we've had the movie, I've never watched the whole thing.

  • Lately you have been coming to me saying "do" with your hands turned up like "what do you want to do?"

  • You can be a turd sometimes. The first year you cried. The second year you clung to me like saran wrap. What's this year going to be? This is why you will not have a sibling close in age to you :) Things aren't always easy with you!

  • Anything with ketchup or ranch and you will eat it. But, you are still a picky eater. Especially slimy fruit, (which most fruit is). But you will eat the heck out of peas, cheese, graham crackers, yogurt and juice.

  • You don't really look at books during the day, but at night before bed, we have our reading time. You go to your book shelf and say "ummm". I know you are thinking which book should I pick?

Tyler, we adore having you. Your antics make me laugh all the time. It is so fun watching you and Jake play together, especially now that you are bigger. It is so cute when you say his name. It will be amazing watching you grow this year and see all the wonderful things you learn. Happy Birthday. Thanks for making me a mom! Again.



3 comments:

Sara said...

The picture is adorable! He looks like an angelic sweetheart - not like a turd at all!

jane said...

Happy belated bday to Ty! You can tell you love your turd :)

Dave said...

Hi its me, and I just went on your blog for the fist time. Its really good I had a fun time reading it, your such a good mom.

love you david