Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shopping- my favorite

Yesterday we went shopping in Battle Creek with my sister and all four boys. This time of year I get inspired to do some decorating on the blank walls of the house. I think this because I've been stuck inside staring at these walls for the last 4 months. If you want decorating items for your house, head to Hobby Lobby. I'll post some pictures when I've finished.

I also decided it's time to start teaching Jake about money. I started giving him an allowance- $2.00 a week. I haven't had him divide it into spend and save jars yet- but I should beacuse I'm trying to teach him about money. I just feel bad, because if I make him divide it, it will take him a long time before he will be able to buy something worth while.
So, I had him bring his allowance when we went shopping yesterday (we also went to Target). It was a big tease for the poor kid beacuse he only had 4 dollars and everyting he wanted cost 20 or more. He was so sad when we left because he could'nt find anything to buy. I felt his pain. I would be sad leaving Target empty handed. But I don't think that has ever happened. When we got home, I found a saving chart online and made him this (see picture).
I found a picture of what he really wanted- Matchbox space shuttle- and taped it to the chart. Now he can see how much more he needs to save. Next, I made one for myself. No- I'm kidding. I really should though!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

We did have a lot of fun shopping - let's do it again when we've saved up enough on our chart! :) I do love the chart. It is adorable. What is the link?

Can't wait to see the finished decorating project...

Sara said...

Tick, tick, tick...

Just checking the blog to see if any thing new and exciting has happened since Tuesday :)

Are you taking before/after pictures of the dresser?