Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I knew it wouldn't be long...

before this would happen.

My poor little guy fell off his bike. He must of hit his mouth on the handle bar. I heard him crying outside and thought oh, this isn't going to be good. When David brought him in he was covered with blood. I fear those first few moments of "check over" when you have to see if he still has teeth or is in need of stitches.

Tyler is sucky-free now and it wasn't bad at all. I was dreading it, but now I wished I'd done it sooner! But, he hasn't had a nap since the sucky, which sucks. I can't believe he is done with naps, but for the most part he isn't cranky in the afternoon and he falls asleep faster at night. When he was napping he would still be up at 10:00pm. Maybe he will go back to napping when Jake starts school. Let's hope.

We had a lot of fun spending time with my mom and Bob this summer, but after 3 months of being up north in the cold and rain they were ready to head back to Colorado. We spent the day at Lake Michigan before they left last week. My sister and her kids joined us.

It was fun, but it makes me frustrated because Jake doesn't go near the water. He is so scared of it and I don't know why. I tried the swimming lessons, and I feel like it is going to cost me hundreds of dollars before I will get him in the water and comfortable with it. Tyler is following by example so there is another set of swimming lessons and fear to get passed. I tried to take Jake out in the water while we were there, and he was SCREAMING the whole time. I'm sure everyone was watching/staring. I know that most kids have things they are fearful of, but come on, he is 5 years old. Time to suck it up and get over it.



I've been trying to get to garage sales here and there to find furniture to paint and have had no luck. I went to Jonesville, Quincy, Allen, and Coldwater last weekend because they have a annual garage sale on US-12 that was in noted Midwest Living magazine. I didn't find or buy a single thing. I dragged the kids along and we were gone for 5 hours. Talk about disappointed! I did finally paint a piece that I found in some more of my dad's junk. I think it is the cutest little dresser.

We've got some fun things left to look foward to as summer starts winding down. We took the kids to the fair today to ride rides and are going again on Thursday for the Kung Fu Diesel concert. We have to show our support for our soon-to-be brother in law, he is the lead singer. And then on Saturday, David is planning on taking the boys to see the monster trucks. That's 3 days of fair and Jacksons finest. I should be a Carnie. When we were there today, I couldn't help but think-some these people should not be allowed to have kids. They can barely take care of themselves, let alone a kid. It's just like going to Wal-Mart.

3 comments:

jane said...

awww, poor Jake. I am sure David told him real me have scars, lol. Nice job with the sucky, I am dreading this as well. So embarassing that my 2 year old still has one. We are able to limit it to naps and bedtime but still!!

Stacey Richardson said...

Geez, Jake looks like Slayder when we left your house last! lol Poor boy! Good job with that dresser, you are just so talented!!! :)

Jessy Schoch said...

Poor Jake!! Ouch, I hate it when the kids get facial wounds, they just bleed so much!! I'm so glad that he has all of his teeth and it didn't require stitches!! :) I don't think I could handle either of those things myself!!

You know Harrison isn't too much of a water bug either!! We went to lake MI, last weekend too, and he was very happy playing in the sand. He doesn't mind getting in up to his knees, but my other kids like to go way out and boogie board and stuff..Harrison wants nothing to do with that!! You guys should come over and swim, maybe he would get in with Harrison! I'm going to Beaver Island to visit a friend, but I'll be back Tues., want to plan something for next week?? Let me know!!