Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Collin- 1 month

 Mr. Collin spent most of his first month either sleeping or eating, which would explain his rapid weight gain. When I took him for his 1 week check up he went from 7# 3oz. when he was born, to 8# 8oz. The most impressive though was his 1 month check up when he weighed in at 11# 12oz. Goodbye size 1 diapers and goodbye 0-3 month clothes.

We spent the first few weeks adjusting to being a family of 5. David was at work a big, big chunk of time. My mom came down here and there from the cabin, but other than that it was me and the boys. The hardest part was keeping up on the bills, cleaning, and laundry. It's not the kids themselves that is work, it's everything else. Jake and Tyler did good playing and keeping themselves entertained because I felt like I had no time for anything. I felt a little guilty not being able to spend the last few weeks of summer spending time with Jake.

The good part about Collin sleeping so much was that he was so portable. We took him everywhere. The first week he went to Ann Arbor for my haircut, Cascade Falls, and Ikea. The second week we hauled him to the fair for a day, and then up north for his first vacation. The last few weeks I've taken him to my sisters, Chelsea Treehouse, Nixon park and a few trips to Target. I make note of these trips because it can be a bit intimidating taking three kids places. If we go anywhere it takes a lot of planning- we don't leave the house until 11:30 most days. It takes that long to get everything and everyone ready.

So far Collin has been a good baby. Really though, any baby seems like a good baby after having Tyler. He doesn't really cry but he does make a lot of noises. He only makes a fuss during diaper changes or when he is naked. He easily calms down which Tyler never did. The first few days he was home our family and friends kept asking us how he slept or if he cried a lot. They were all nervous and really so were we! He has consistenly gotten up 2 times a night to eat. I feed him at 11:00 and then go to bed, and then he gets up at 2:30 and 5 ish. We've had a few nights of no sleep, but not many. Maybe 2 or 3 fussy nights. During the day he eats every 3 hours like clock work.
1 week
2 weeks
3 weeks

4 weeks

 He has the cutest little peanut head covered in hair. When we are out and about, everyone comments on how much hair he has. His cheeks got so big and round in just a few short weeks.


Right now, the main source of entertainment is the ceiling fan, the big deer head on the wall, and the window grills. He stares intently at these.

I am so in love with this little guy. I forgot what it was like to have a little baby around. I love to watch him. I love his funny little faces he makes when he stretches. I love his smell. I love it when he sucks his thumb. I love to dress him and hold him. He loves to snuggle and I am happy to do so. I love giving him a bath and getting his jammies on. I wish he would stay this little forever.



1 month

3 comments:

Stepping on Legos said...

Oh man - this makes me want another baby so bad!! You are dangerous!! He's so precious and that 4 week picture is just perfect!

Chrystal said...

What a cutie! So happy for you, Sadie!

Jessica said...

Aww, so sweet! Glad to hear Collin is doing so well. And yeah, we have already said that if we end up having a third we will never go anywhere!!