Sunday, September 26, 2010

Collin's Nursery

I had so much fun putting together Collin's nursery. Probably because there wasn't much that had to be done. It was already painted good ole traditional blue. I usually get tired of paint colors pretty fast, but this blue I am still in love with. It's called Steel Blue by Benjamin Moore if you are looking for a good blue color. Maybe farther down the line I will add some stripes or bead board just to change it up a little.

I have been in love with this Chase bedding from Pottery Barn since I was pregnant with Tyler.

I painted the room to match the bedding thinking it might go on clearance and I could get it for Tyler when he was in this room. It never went on clearance and still hasn't four years later. My sister found a cute set called Little Fishes from P.B. and I used that for Tyler instead.

Fast forward to Collin now and I still love the Chase bedding. I decided to see what was on E-Bay. David was skeptical about buying baby bedding off E-Bay, but my thinking was if someone had enough money to pay full price for Pottery Barn bedding, it's coming from a good home and is still in good condition. I found quite a few sets for sale at decent prices. I started bidding and it was THRILLING. I am new at E-Bay though, and I ended up losing the bid on 3 or 4 sets of bedding. That was DISAPPOINTING. Finally I got good at bidding and landed a set for $50.00 which included 2 sheets, the bumper, bed skirt and a pillow sham. It arrived in GREAT condition and even with a gift card for $10.00 to Pottery Barn. I got a great deal, and my favorite bedding. I was a happy girl. 

Then I started painting a dresser I found for the room off craigslist for $30.00.  


After that was finished, I just had to put the room together, and do some organinzing. Tyler started sleeping in Jake's room in March so the room had been the "play room" for a few months. It took some time finding a place for all the toys some where else. I had some major guilt kicking Tyler out of his room, but he slept better with Jake. Now we have to deal with them talking at bedtime, but I'm hoping that will stop once we get their bunkbeds.


I love the way the room turned out. The funny thing is now that Collin is home, I've slowly taken the room apart. After being home for a few days, I realized there was no way I was going up stairs everytime I needed to change him or get him dressed. So my mom and I did some re-arranging and I now have a dresser/changing table in my bedroom on the main floor. I also took the blue rocker and put it in my living room. I wasn't using it at all up stairs and it is the perfect chair for feeding him in. So for now, his room goes unused but one day he will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the steel blue color. Looks great!!

Unknown said...

its beautiful!!!