Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010

For the first time, I didn't have coordinating costumes for the boys. It was fun while it lasted. Jake is getting to old for coordinating costumes. Back in September when we were school shopping at Old Navy he spied a Superman costume and loved it. I thought it was for toddlers so I told him that just wouldn't work. Oh darn (sarcastically). As it got closer to Halloween I asked him again what he wanted to be and he thought for a moment and told me a tooth. I could already vision it. I love the homemade costumes and the creativity that comes with it. As it got closer yet, he changed his mind and told me he wanted to be a generic Star Wars character. No way was I spending $30 on a Star Wars costume. Try again, buddy. I thought back to the Superman costume and decided to give it a second looksy. It was the week before Halloween at this point, and it was on clearance for $5. And after all, it wasn't for toddlers, it was for bigger kids. Superman you are Jake!

Tyler was easy. He told me last Halloween he wanted to be the cheetah costume that we already had for dress up.There is a funny story behind this cheetah costume. I bought it back when Jake was probably 2 and I worked at the Gap. It is a size 4. I had it for 2 years before he could even fit into it. I think I paid 3 or 4 dollars for it after Halloween and with my discount. The kids love this costume. We have plenty of dress up clothes, but this one for some reason has been the favorite by far. The funny thing is- nobody has used it for Halloween until now. I will never get rid of it. I have tons of pictures of both boys wearing it. On any given day we have a cheetah in our house. This is what makes having kids so fun. I wonder what they are thinking: "I think I'll wear that cheetah suit today, that will look nice." They have also slept in it and fought over it till the point I was looking for another on E-Bay. It's the random weird things that kids are drawn to.

David and I had a lot of fun taking the kids trick or treating. We started at the school's trunk ot treat and met Danielle and Matt there. We went to a few more houses and went to Corey's sisters house to warm up and have dinner. Collin was at grandma Dar's so I didn't have to worry about keeping him warm and content. I decided to have wine for my dinner. Let me tell you- this made trick or treating very enjoyable. I don't get to excitied about Halloween and walking all over the neighborhood in the cold, but with a wine buzz, it wasn't too bad. I will for sure do this next year. Maybe I will get Mom of the Year Award for taking my kids trick-or-treating half drunk. We took the kids to a few more houses and went to Danielle's moms. There was a giant leaf pile on the side of the road. I told Jake to jump in it. He told me no. I told him I would give him a dollar if he did it. He dropped his bucket of candy, looked both ways, and dove right in. Everyone at Danielle's moms loved it. That is so my Jake.


No comments: