Sunday, June 28, 2009

24 Hours Without the Kids!

We had a 30th Birthday party to go to on Friday night, so we asked David's mom to watch the kids. She offered to keep them for most of the day on Saturday as well. We had a great time at the party- most of David's friends don't have kids, and quite a few aren't even married yet! So, needless to say, they are still crazy party animals. I did quite well at not being too intoxicated. I get nasty hangovers that last the whole next day, so I kept myself fairly under control.

Normally when we have free time, we spend the day working on the never-ending to do list that comes with being home-owners. Not this time! At the party, we made plans to meet up the next day (Saturday) and spend the day at Farwell lake. First, we slept in- until about 8:30, yes, that's right for those of you without children, sleeping in means 8:30. Then we went out for breakfast, stopped at some garage sales and went home to change.

We got to the lake at 11:30 and spent 5 wonderful hours in the sun. I haven't spent 5 consecutive hours in the sun since I've had kids, and why I thought I wouldn't burn is beyond me. I hurt bad. I didn't put a lick of sunscreen on.


There is a sandbar at the lake that people anchor the boats on, and spend the day swimming, drinking, and well, partying. I felt like I was back at college. We played frisbee, read People magazines, swam, ate munchies, and RELAXED!!!



This is what people do who don't have kids yet! They still party like they are 21 year olds!

It was fun to be a little wild and crazy. A break from the same old routine. It was nice to miss the kids and have a taste of freedom, lol.

1 comment:

Jessy Schoch said...

Good for you, looks like you had fun!! It's so good to get out and live a little without the kids, it makes you a better mom!! When you get home we should get together!!!