Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Best Birthday, Ever!!!

Jake kept saying this to me today, which melted my heart, and made me laugh at the same time. Considering he's only had 4 to choose from, none of which he can remember. He woke up at 6:30 ready to dive into those presents. I diverted him for awhile with The Cars movie while I drank my coffee and read blogs, my morning ritual. Then I jumped in the shower and fed the boys breakfast. Now we were ready for presents and it was only 8:00am. Hello long day!! I can tell from the pictures I took which presents were his favorites and it was obvious this was a winner.
It is a Star Wars gun he's been saving his allowance for. He also got a soccer ball, Leapster Tag, 3 Automoblox mini's, a Eco-truck loader, and some Legos I ordered from E-Bay which I am disappointed in. I was hoping to get some fun pieces for him to built airplanes and race cars without having directions. I didn't want a kit, or a basic set. The E-bay description said various 100 piece airplane pieces, and 100 piece racecar pieces. Well, Legos are tiny and 100 pieces to amount to much, especially the random stuff this dude sent me. Waste of money!!


By 9:00, we didn't have much to do. I was trying to spent time with Jake, but I couldn't stand the messy house. I started playing around with his Leapster Tag which required downloading crap on the computer. Of course, it didn't work correctly, which pisses me off because we just bought our computer a few months ago. In the meantime, the phone is ringing off the hook with people wishing Jake a Happy Birthday and then I've got Tyler saying "help me, Momma" every 2 seconds. He is a needy child. Everytime I turn around he's asking me for something.


So, at 10:00 I'm having an anxiety attack. I've got Geoffrey the giraffe on the phone, Tyler needing his behind wiped, and a messy house. I started getting frustrated with the kids, and Jake starts saying "bad Birthday". That made me feel even worse.


Thankfully I had to feed the kids lunch early, and be out the door by 11:30 so we could meet Jessy and Harrison for putt-putt. I just needed to get out of the house, and hang out with a friend. Things were a lot better then. The boys had fun running around and they burned off some energy at the park chasing around a model airplane some guy was out flying at the park.


When we got home, Ty napped and Grandma Dar brought the best present ever. Thanks for the idea, Jessy! It is the Fisher Price Turbo Blaster squirt gun. It is the coolest idea ever. A little pricey, but worth the cost. I've been on the market for outdoor toys the boys could play together and this was just the thing.

I let Jake request dinner, which was Tacos. Last year he requested meatloaf and baked potatoes with chives. I like this tradition, it is fun to see what his favorite meal is each year.

For his dessert, I made cupcakes. I'm saving his birthday cake for his party on Sunday.

If anyone is still reading at this point, refill your coffee beacause this is a long post.


After dinner, David went outside with the boys to try out the squirt guns-even though it was freakin cold. The boys had a ball. David plays with the kids so much better than I do. Must be the maturity level. It was so fun to watch them play. Tyler was hilarious. He kept making this funny face.




Although it's sad to see my little guy grow up, having a five year old is so much easier and fun than a toddler. Jake can actually help with things and is a lot more apprecative. I was so impressed with his manners today. Telling everyone thank-you and telling me how much he liked everything. He is self-sufficent- doesn't need bathroom help, can buckle himself in the car, gets his own snacks, doesn't need naps, gets dressed by himself. It's fun to take him places and see him learn. He's almost like a mini adult at times which is weird. I love hanging out with him, and I am sad to see him grow up, because that means school in the fall.

Happy Birthday, Jake!

1 comment:

Jessy Schoch said...

Looks like Jake had a great B-day, thanks for letting us join in on it, we had a great time!! I'm glad they liked the water guns, I got a little nervous that I suggested a bum toy! We need to get together agian soon!!!