Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We kissed and made up

The office manager for the cardiology dept. called me today on my way out the door to Jake's post-op appointment at U of M again. She apologized for yesterday and was very sorry for the long wait, ect. ect. I told her I was on my way back to U of M and this was the only day I was willing to come back to finish the appointment. Jake already missed 4 days of school last week and 2 days this week because of the appointments. I think he has made it to school 3 full weeks this year.

Dr. Armstrong was not in the clinic today, I know this because I had already tried to schedule these 2 appointments for the same day. The office manager told me to come in after the post-op visit and Dr. Armstrong would meet us there. I was pretty impressed. Not only did I not think they would call me, but I never would have thought they would go out of their way to re-schedule the appointment.

The post-op visit was a breeze. We were 5 min late for this appointment, and only waited 5 min in the waiting room, which had Max and Ruby on tv-bonus! When we were in the exam room, the nurse brought crayons and paper for the boys- another bonus! Not that we needed them today, I had the boys bring a backpack full of toys for the appointment. We waited another 5 min in the exam room, and the docotor saw us for another 5 min and we were outta there! The otolaryngology dept. has got it down! Plus they gave the boys a little treasure and Jake has not stopped playing with the sticky eyeball they gave him.

Down in the cardiology dungeon, the office manager was there and apologized again, and even offered the boys large gifts-one was a Matchbox race track! She felt really bad, or she really wants her Christmas bonus this year! I declined and told her it was fine-stuff happens. Dr. Armsrong meant with us and we were on our way! And we don't have to come back for three years! So, I have made up with the cardiology dept. I will not complain anymore about my crappy appointment. We can be friends again.

3 comments:

Stacey Richardson said...

That's so sweet! A Matchbox Racetrack?? DANG!

Sara said...

Whew!!! What a story! I know your wait time was unacceptable , but I'm surprised at how well they took care of you in response to it. It is very good of you to be so kind and forgiving. What a great example for your boys.

Stephanie said...

I am glad they fixed things for you. I was surprised to read that you waited that long for Dr. Armstrong. Other doctors I can totally see that happening but she was always really on the ball. Also, I am dying to know which office manager called you (mostly because I am nosy. haha!) too bad your appt. was this week instead of a month later. I am going back to work there to cover someone's maternity leave for about 2-3 months. Post some Halloween pictures.