Monday, November 2, 2009

What a waste of a day

Today Jake had an appointment at U of M for his heart defect. He has one every year just to make sure everything is fine. His appointment was at 2:00pm. I picked him up from school at 12:00, when his lunch started. I'm always late for everything, so I was excited to not have to rush for once. We got to the parking garage at 1:30. I was so proud of myself! I had a whole 1/2 hour to get where we needed to be! I let Tyler sleep a bit longer and then went to the hospital and got a coffee. It was great to have extra time to do this.

We got to the 1st floor at 1:55. We were the only ones in the waiting room. After about 15 min, the called us to do weight and height, and then an ECHO. Then they sent us back to the waiting room. At 3:00 they finally called us back. For some reason, I decided to pack raisins and juice boxes-which I always forget to do- so thank goodness that kept the boys occupied in the waiting room, because there were no toys besides a kitchen with no accessories and a magnet toy, which didn't hold interest for very long.

When we got called back to the exam room, I was already tired of waiting. Tyler was on my last nerve. He had this constant dry cough the whole day. He was whiny and clingy. Being on the 1 st floor drives me crazy. It is like a basement. I'm not a claustrophobic person, but being there makes me feel confided and I don't like not having windows.

So anyway, the resident comes in at 3:20 and is done by 3:30. He says Dr. Armstrong will be in to see us in a few minutes. At 3:50- I've had it. I walk out on the appointment. I was so pissed at that point to have had to sit in a basement for 2 hours with whiny kids and nothing to do. So that was a waste of my day. Nothing accomplished at that appointment.

I decided since we were in Ann Arbor anyway, and the appointment was a bomb, why not go to Whole Foods? I've never been there and thought I would check it out. Another waste of time! It was an overpriced grocery store for hippies and granola moms. Sorry for those of you who like it.

To top off my wonderful waste of a day- Jake has another appointment at U of M tomorrow for for a follow up on his tonsillectomy. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

I am so sorry....I can't imagine waiting that long with two kids. I sure hope tomorrow is much better. I guess I'm a granola Nana cause I thought you'd love Whole Foods...

Nicole said...

OMG that is nuts that you waited that long. Ridiculous.

I've been to Whole Foods before and I agree... its way overpriced. I guess if you're into organic foods and are willing to pay it, you'd be in heaven. Me... I'm cheap.

Stacey Richardson said...

We did the same thing once with Casey, for Jordyn. It was insane. We were not happy when we left either!
I love your description of Whole Foods... haha

Stephanie said...

Your description of Whole Foods cracked me up. See, I love that store. I am right in my element in there. I guess I am a hippie/granola freak. Too bad I am so poor that I can't shop there more.