Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Big Plans

I am in the mood to do some decorating and painting at the Bradley house. Being stuck inside makes me realize how blah our house is. And I've got my little painter David laid off for the winter and I have to keep him busy. He's got three rooms to paint: the laundry room, downstairs bath, and the kids bath. If I could, I would re-paint the whole downstairs.

I think I made some bad choices since I had a newborn Tyler with me at the paint store. Talk about bad timing! I can remember taking him all over Jackson picking out vanities, light fixtures, carpet and paint. I had to breast-feed him in the Menards lighting department and then in Lowes while we picked out tile. He was seriously a few days old. By the time we got to picking out paint I just didn't care. So our open floor plan kitchen/dining/living room are poop colors. Brown and khaki. The laundry room is also brown, because we had left over paint and I couldn't make any more decisions.

So here we are 4 years later and it's time to finish the house. And maybe even get some window treatments and pictures on the wall! We don't have a single curtain or blind in our whole house. Oh, wait- we got curtains for one window in our bedroom over the summer. Thank goodness! You can see into the master bath from that window!


We also made more big plans tonight when we bought our tickets to Arizona for February. I am ready for some sun! We are meeting up with my dad and his girlfriend who rented a house for a month. My sister and her family are going the same time so it should be fun! We are hoping to get some quality time in as a family because my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma cancer this fall. He has been really sick with chemo and other infections so I am hoping he will feel better while on vacation. It has been really hard watching him suffer through this, so maybe this trip can lift everyone's spirits!

2 comments:

Jessy Schoch said...

So what colors are you going to paint?? I just painted over my "colors" (green and red-yuck) and painted my house all poop colors..haha!!

The trip sounds like a great time, I'm sure it will mean a lot to your Dad. I'm so sorry about your Dad, I can't imagine.

Sara said...

Can't wait to see the green laundry room! It was 72 and sunny in Phoenix today :)