Saturday, January 30, 2010

We're Having A

.........Baby! In case you are not on my stalkbook- I mean facebook. I thought this would be the perfect time to tell you, right after my post about being worn out as a stay-at-home-mom. I am really excited though. Who doesn't love having a tiny, snuggly, baby around? We should know the gender around March 7th. Although, I'm pretty sure it's a boy AGAIN. They have these clever little pee tests you can buy at Meijer and mine turned boy color- twice. That's right twice. I'm not going to lie to you and say I won't be disappointed if it's not a girl. I will be disappointed, and so would EVERY other mom with 2 boys. I am ready for a change. Been there, done that with the boy thing. I love having 2 boys, but I am ready for a sweet little girl. And if it is a boy, I will get over it, when it is born, and love it just like the other 2. Go ahead and say what everyone else says "as long as it's healthy." Like I would ever wish for a sick baby- no just a GIRL baby.

The 2 things I'm looking forward to most? Bring the baby home to our house. With Jake and Tyler, I never brought them home to a house. With Jake, we were young, not married, and we lived in a trailer. That's right, a trailer. But don't start thinking a hilly billy trailer- it was nice, but it was still a trailer. And then Tyler was born while we were building the house and didn't move in until 2 months later. We brought him home to a basement apartment a family friend let us live in until the house was finished.
The other? My camera. I finally have a professional type camera and I can't wait to take lots of pictures of this baby. This will be the first time I have a nice camera with a brand new baby around. Of course there are lots of other things to look forward to- shopping- but these 2 top the list.

7 comments:

ann said...

Wow. Awesome. Congratulations. By the way, I thought I was having a girl...and I am now so thankful that I had a boy. It's just what God wanted me to have.

Brigett said...

Go to ~ http://www.mypregnancyguide.com/ChinesePregnancyCalendar.html (It was right for our kids)...
CONGRATS! I secretly wanted a girl too just not looking forward to the teenage "wonder years"...when you are always worried about what they are doing...
I wish you the best of luck ;)

Stephanie said...

Congrats again!

Hey, I would love 3 boys! Maybe I am odd though. I think it would be a blast.

CJR said...

Congrats! I totally get wanting a girl, I will be disapointed if we have a second and it isn't a girl. Like you said you will be happy and love it all the same - doesn't mean you can't WANT it! I will be curious to see how your ultrasound matches up with the OTC test.

Nicole said...

Congrats! That is AWESOME!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Congrats! I can't wait to find out what you're having. I personally am 50/50. I would love a girl, but I would also love a house full of boys!!! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE how honest you are about it. I felt that way with Henry... (although I feel horrible now about it!) I totally wanted another girl and was seriously bummed when it was a boy. Of course you do get over it... but I get your feelings!!! :)