Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun Fall Days

The boys and I stayed home all day today. This makes for a looong day, but I try to make the best of it. First we made pumpkin muffins after breakfast. We had a good time tasting, touching and smelling. It was messy though, especially when Ty got a hold of my eggs.







After our muffin snack, we headed outside for a walk. I was hoping to get some fall pictures of the boys. I was armed with a hand full of candy corns to bribe them. I didn't get what I wanted but they sure did. A big grader came down the road and the boys were all smiles then.










The grader driver was nice enough to stop and ask Jake if he wanted to climb up and see the inside of the grader. How cool is that? The boys are in heaven where we live. During harvest season we see combines and tractors all the time. Many of the farmers let the boys in the cabs of the combines and tractors. One farmer even gave Jake a ride in the combine! They love it and actually so do I. I have a new found love of big machines since I have two boys and I really have no choice!








After all this excitement, we went back in for lunch. Tyler went down for a nap and Jake played legos. I fianally took a shower and got ready for the day :) Then it was time for Ty to get up. He was nice enough to show us his new trick. Wow Tyler, you are special!!!

Back outside we went to play. I am dreading being couped up all winter. We raked a big leaf pile and the boys had so much fun doing "run and jumps". I thought about taking pictures but I decided to enjoy the moment instead. (Plus my battery was charging). We had a fun fall day. Hopefully all my posts will be this exciting! Yeah, right.



No comments: