Thursday, October 23, 2008

There's Nothing Like a Clean House

David's mom took the boys today, and I had a "free day" as I call them. Did I sit and read a magazine? No. Did I go shopping for fun? No. Did I take a nap? No. I spent ALL day cleaning my house. All seven hours. You must be saying right now, wow, Sadie, you must have a big house! No. It is a whopping 1600 square feet. I had a lot of time to think as I scrubbed the potty's, which if you have boys, mostly covered in pee because they have no aim. What would you do if you had seven hours of "free time"? If you work and have kids, when do you clean your house? On the weekends? After you put the kids to bed? Why does it take so long??? Then I got to thinking that I need some extra money. David, Tyler and I all have birthday's within six weeks of one another plus Christmas. That's a lot of presents to buy in six weeks. So I came up with this idea: Holiday House Cleaner. People are busy during the holidays shopping, cooking, wrapping. When do you have time to clean? Especially if you have company coming? The Holiday part works for me, because I don't want to make this a career. Just during Holidays when I need money for presents. It could come in really handy if you are planning a Christmas party as well. Just a one-time clean for the Holidays. It would also make a great gift for a grandma, single-guy, or new mom. What do you think? Good idea? My other option is a Discovery Toy rep. Free toys, and they are developmental. The only thing I don't like about this option is I'm not a big fan of the "party's". It seems like everyone these days are having these party's for jewelry, chef's, tupperware. Is everyone sick of these party's too? Or would you like an easy way to do your kids Christmas shopping? My last choice is back to Gap for the Holidays- good discount, crappy hours, cranky customers. What should I do?? I'm going to enjoy my clean house now, and guess what- I didn't even get to the upstairs yet-still more cleaning to do!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think your holiday cleaning idea is great. I'd be interested in being one of your "associates" for your business. haha!

So, I vote that first but have Gap as a back-up in case you don't make enough from the business.

I am not a huge fan of those parties either.