Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Urban Toddler

On Thursday, David and I took the boys on a field trip to The Urban Toddler. I'm not sure where I found out about this place, probably on some random persons blog. But anyway, I wanted to check it out. I was excitied to go here because I would love to have a place like this in Jackson. It took us an hour to get there and although it was fun, it was $5 for each boy plus gas to get there. I so wish Jackson had more to offer for kids.
The favorite of the field trip was the fire-fighter costumes and the fire truck. Jake wore the outfit the entire time we were there. All 2 hours.

Mr. Ty Daddy found the baby and stroller and pushed the baby all around.

I loved this toy from Melissa and Doug. The fruits and veggies velcro together and then you can slice them with a wooden knife. The boys enjoyed it.

I would compare the Urban Toddler to the Kids n' Stuff in Albion, but a smaller scale and more toddler oriented. There were little "play stations" like a grocery store, quiet room with books and puzzles, fire truck with dress up, messy room for art, theater, and a station with fridge, sink, doll beds, ect. In the middle was the infant place space and a fish tank. Around the perimeter was a road to push strollers and carts. They also had story time with a snack.
Part of Urban Toddler is also a store with wonderful books, toys, maternity wear, strollers, car seats, ect. It was fun to walk around the store part as well. I couldn't leave without getting some cute Crocodile Creek place mats. I am so wanting to open one in Jackson! I just need a little bit of money.


2 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jane said...

I don't have any money to give you but I would love one of these in Jackson!