Friday, March 20, 2009

My Mishmash

I've got too many random things to blog about, so I've put them all together- my favorite-bullet style.


  • I've had the hiccups for the last 3 hours. They won't go away!

  • We've done a lot of work on the house in the past week. It feels so good to get it done, but everything costs money, and it is not a necessity. Everyone is so worried about jobs, ect. I feel like we should be saving, saving, saving. I always tell myself- after this is done we will be finished. But the list keeps growing.

  • I am really dis-liking digital tv. I'm sure all of you have cable and do not know what it is like. I have large rabbit ears up to the ceiling and I have to point them in certain directions to get a certain channel. What the hell? It is 2009! Where is the technology here people? I am really pissed because I can't get PBS which is all my kids watch. I'm not digging this QUBO shit with it's Billy Mays infomercials every 15 minutes.


  • Speaking of TV- I am done watching my beloved Jon and Kate plus 8 through Netflix. I've watched all 3 Seasons. So sad. I miss my Jon and Kate!

  • I've since moved on to a way different reality tv- Rock of Love. I can't believe that I'm even admitting this because this show is so TRASHY. But I can't stop watching it! I know-quite different from my Jon and Kate.


  • We have been going to Westwinds the last five Sundays. I have never been to church this much in my life. We really like it. When I say we- yes that means David goes as well. Jake has a friend from preschool in his class, and my old babysitter Rita takes care of Tyler in the nursery. I don't drift off during the sermon thinking about my to-do list and the music/band makes me want to play the drums or guitar. A couple of weeks ago they played Don Henly. This is my kind of church.


  • Speaking of wanting to play drums or guitar- we went over to our friends Corey and Keri's last weekend for a St. Paddy's get together and we played Rock Band. Secretly, I've always wanted to be good at the drums- I don't have a chance- it takes to much coordination.


  • Call me Elmyra from Tiny Toon Adventures- I love my Fuzzy. "I'm going to hug you and love you and lock you in a cage."









  • We got our "new to us furniture" and I love it. My living room feels a lot more calm without a large tv and large blue couch. I feel like I am at the beach beacuse my living room is creme and tan. Boring colors- but it matches my kitty. I call him my throw pillow for my couch.

  • I've got a question- if you got $100.00 given to you, and you had to spend it- what would you buy? I'm just curious- I haven't had anyone give me a hundred dollars, I just wonder and would love some answers- plus I love comments, and don't get many, so feel free to comment! Besides you, Sara, my loyal commenter. And you too, mom, when you figure it out.

  • Oh, I almost forgot- my mom is coming for a visit on Wednesday. I can't wait. I've got a list of fun things to do: lunch at Anna's, a trip to Ikea, the list goes on.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

We used to go to Westwinds.... haven't been in quite awhile but I love it there!!

Chrystal said...

You should post some pics of your new living room - I'd love to see it! $100? Hmmm . . . I think I'd either pamper myself at the salon or go on a mini-spending spree and update my wardrobe.

Unknown said...

I'd buy a cat trap.

Stephanie said...

I love Rock Band drums too. Drew's brother has the game and we rocked out at Christmas. Hey now, I have been a loyal commenter too. haha!
If I had 100 bucks I would unfortunately use it to pay off some bills probably. I am lame. I agree with Chrystal post some more pics of the house updates!

jane said...

I would use $100 to go out to dinner and a movie....Or just blow it at Target like I usually do- lol. I watched the first season of Rock of Love, it is addicting but I felt stupider(is that evena word?) after watching it. hahahaa

mel said...

I LIKE PETER'S COMMENT! I WOULD GO SEE SOME STRIPPERS! HA-HA