Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bestest Weekend

On Friday, after Jake got out of school we took the boys sledding at Victory Hill in Albion. I had a pot roast in the crockpot and we stayed until almost 6:00pm. They had a lot of fun. Tyler wasn't even scared. I sat in the car and was a spectator. I brought my camera I was and was excitied to get some cute winter shots, but realized when we got there I had taken my SD card out. It was so nice to come home and have dinner ready and warm. I love my crockpot!

We spent all day Saturday picking up and cleaning. I've been sick with a stuffy nose, ect. and the house was a disaster. It is amazing how out of control it can get when you let your house duties go for a day or two. This is not part of the bestest weekend. On Saturday night we had our first annual game night at Corey and Keri's house. We've all been talking about doing a game night for at least a year. Ever since I saw The Break-Up. We have them planned for once a month, rotating houses. We all brought appetizers and had a great time. My friend Danielle and her husband Matt, David's sister Jamie and her fiancee, Davids friend Chad and wife Lindsay, Corey, Keri and David and I played Apples To Apples, Spoons, and Uno. Oh, and Battle of the Sexes, which the guys won. Spoons got a little crazy, but that by far was the most fun game.

We did our usual church on Sunday, and Tyler did the three's class all by himself! This was a milestone for him. We've been going to church for a year now, and he always cries. Then I get paged and have to go get him. He doesn't calm down. I put Jake in the three's class with him for a few weeks to get him used to going, and he was fine if Jake was there. Today was his first day without Jake. He cried and clung to my leg, but after I got him detached and ran out, he eventually stopped crying and stayed the whole class! We spent the rest of Sunday relaxing! We played a bit with the kids and didn't go anywhere. We had a light Sunday night dinner of grilled cheese with Velveeta cheese, fried sugar snap peas, strawberries w/whip cream and for dessert- cookie dough-just a few bites. Yum.

2 comments:

Jessy Schoch said...

So funny you talk about church and leaving your little ones there, I left Max for the first time EVER!! I felt awful!! I stood outside the door for a good 15 min's until the lady came out and promised me that if he was still crying in 10 min's after they take them for a walk she'd page me. She never did page me.

Jessica said...

I've been following your blog for a few weeks now, and thought I wold say hi! :) Sounds like a fun weekend (and I can sooo relate to the church stuff)!