Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Am So Frustrated Because...

1. My husband is not responsible enough to call un-employment or to cancel his insurance which he had a whole month to do. Now we have about $300. dollars worth of over-drafts. I feel like his mother. Take control and get some stuff taken care of!

2. Everytime I try to do a learning activity with Jake, he puts up a big fuss over doing it, asks for a treat if he does do it, and basically has a little fit until I get frustrated and walk away. Homeschool is not in our future here. I try and teach him stuff and he has no desire to learn it. All day long he wants to play star wars or deer hunter. I'm so not into playing those activities!

3. I'm not ready for Jake to be in all day, everyday kindergarten. Why do they think a 5 year old is ready for school all day? I am so disappointed they got rid of half day kindergarten. To much to soon. Let kids be kids for a little bit longer. They have many years of school to come. Look what they have to look foward to- bills, un-employment, and all the other fun things that come along with being an adult. Let their imaginations be free, for at least half the day.

4. My house is always a disaster and I'm so sick of stepping on crap, un-loading the dishwasher, doing laundry, picking up toys, not being able to walk without stepping over something, making dinner, cleaning up dinner...you get the idea.

5. I am tired of not having a real job. I am ready for a real job with real money. My little high school job at the Gap is no longer. I'm sick of it, and even though we need the money, I need to find a career. Not a good time for jobs though!

6. Tyler is being really needy lately, and is in the terrible twos stage. He whines if you don't give him what he wants. He has a hard time calming down, and can't entertain himself for more than two minutes. Jake and Tyler have started fighting more and I am sick of being a refree!

7. I feel like I have no time to do anything for myself. I don't talk on the phone with my friends because the kids are bugging me the whole time I'm on the phone, all our friends have kids so we don't go out much, and there's never any time. I feel like I have no life! My kids are consuming every piece of it.

8. I'm sick of my clothes and I'm so not ready to wear shorts and tank tops if that ever happens. I can't find shorts, they are either to long or to short and don't even get me started with the bathing suits. Are they making them for toddlers or adults? Some of them wouldn't cover half my butt let alone the whole thing. I don't even know where to shop now that I'm nearing the big 30-Christoper and Banks? Am I allowed to still shop in the Juniors department? Would the stuff even fit?


I think I'm done for now. My mid-life crisis is in full effect. Back to cleaning, wiping butts, getting snacks, making dinner, giving time-outs, paying bills, ect........

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Aunt Sara would like to watch her two adorable nephews overnight! Name your date. And let's get our pedicure/lunch out on the calendar - I think you are in desperate need of some pampering.

As for clothes - since you are nearly 30 - I would recommend Christopher and Banks as well as Lands End. Stay away from the Juniors - you are a missy now! :)

Sara said...

That last comment was from me - not Peter!

Sara said...

P.S. Dar said she's never watching your kids again.

Living with type 1 Diabetes said...

Isn't Mommyhood GREAT!!! I'd love to say it'll get better, but it really wont't :) Your a great Mom to all three of your boys!! You look great, and as for the shopping damn if I know where to shop, it sucks being old!! LOL!! We need to get together soon!!

Chrystal said...

I love your honesty! Sometimes it seems like everyone's life is just perfect in blogworld - that's why I didn't know if I wanted to keep blogging. I am sorry you are frustrated, but relieved that someone else's life isn't perfect either! :) Hang in there (and get a pedicure with your sister!!)

Nicole said...

Ugh I hear ya. Hubby drives me nuts sometimes. Porter has the attention span of a gnat. House is always trashed/cluttered. I hate clothes too... I'm still hanging onto 10lbs from Pre-Hudson.

Where is Jake going to school next year?

Come over tomorrow for the playdate! Hopefully the kids will be able to play somewhat peacefully (HAHA!) while us moms chat and have some adult conversation. And... maybe some adult drinks? HEE HEE! I *always* have margaritas on hand. ;)

Sherrie said...

Call the old Grandmother - I'm sure she's got lots of advice.

jane said...

We all feel like this sometimes. Call a mommy friend and chances are we want to pull our hair out too. As for clothes, you always look cute. Your boys are adorable and well behaved. The hubs, well the economy blows and you can't do much about that. I know you will get through the crappy times and manage to make us all laugh while keeping a smile on your face.

Sherrie said...

P.S. You already have the most important job there is - raising Jake and Tyler and it's also the hardest but comes with the most rewards. As for Jake not wanting to do school work yet just keep reading to him like you have been. Eventually he'll do the work. You're doing a great job!

CJR said...

Ugh! I hope your feeling better! I am impressed anyone can manage more than one! And for clothes, I love Kohls and the sale racks at Ann Taylor Loft. But I have also wore sweat pants for about 10 weeks now so I might not be the best person to take this advice from....