Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Look what the bunny brought











I can tell I am getting old, because I am getting excitied about our garden this year. The first year I weeded it once and the second year I weeded it twice. This year I'm hoping to stay on top of it more, and I want the boys to be more involved. So I did garden themed Easter baskets. Jakes basket is actually this but I had to take it out of the box to make it fit his basket. I had been eyeing it at JoAnne's for a while, and when he saw it, he said "Mom! the Easter bunny brought me that thing you have been wanting!" Huh, what a coincidence. The bunny also brought a kid size rake and hoe, so I should be all set for my little helpers.
We spent the day looking for eggs and baskets, going to church, dinner at my dad's with my fam, and taking a nice nap with Tyler after dinner. I was up the night before until 2:00am watching Rock of Love. I couldn't shut it off.
This morning Tyler got up and started asking for jellybeans. I said no, Tyler, no jelly beans for breakfast. He shook his head no, and said "love me" implying that I don't love him, because I am not giving him jellybeans. Where do they learn this crap? He is 2!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sadie, I will have to remember that when Grant is old enough...Forget toys, I am going to buy him everything I want for Easter! Hahahaha! I love how Jake called you out! Cute themed baskets though. And cute Easter cookies. You are becoming a regular Martha Stewart. Nice work.

Sherrie said...

Old Grandma says cute Easter baskets and adorable cookies. I had a great visit and I especially liked the big slide at Jungle Java.