Sunday, October 10, 2010

Collin- 2 month

I {heart} the 2nd month! There is absolutely nothing better than smiles from a baby. Now Collin has quite a personality and is awake more and more each day. Towards the end of this month, he even started to sort of get a schedule down. He has a 8:30 bedtime, and went from getting up 2 times a night to once.  No sleeping throughout the night yet! He is up for 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day, then takes a nap for a while and gets back up for another 2 hours and does this cycle throughout the day. 

I have been trying to get him outside as much as possible, because once winter hits we won't be outside much. Lately I've been taking a big comforter on the front porch and he loves laying in it feeling the sun. He also started liking those obnoxious activity mats with all the toys dangling and lights flashing with music. He gets so excited and starts kicking those chubby legs and moving his arms. He loves it. I have the music stuck in my head all day. He also talks to himself in the mirror on his swing. It's to cute to listen to him coo at the baby he sees in the reflection.

Another big milestone for month 2 was finding his thumb. He has been trying to suck his thumb since the day he was born. He's been practicing ever since then and has finally got it down. We gave him a pacifier here and there because when they are that little it's not easy always getting the thumb in, but he prefers the thumb. I think it will be a lot easier. Jake and Tyler both had paci's so we'll give this thumb thing a try. It is so funny to watch him try to get it in- he raises his hand then drags it down the side of his face then he sucks his hands until he find his tiny little thumb. He gets it in, moves the other four fingers and goes to town. When he starts to wake up from a nap and is fussin, if I wait a minute I can hear him in the next room when he starts sucking his thumb- he gets loud with it!


I also love the conversations he is starting to have. He stares at me and starts making the cutest freakin sounds ever. I wish I knew what he was trying to say.

When he went in for his check-up he weighed 13# 6oz and was 22 3/4 tall.

The boys don't pay much attention to him. Tyler will poke at him here and there but that's it. Jake will get in his face for a minute to say hi and then they are off to play. I took Collin to school to have lunch with Jake and the girls there couldn't get enough of him. There was a crowd of girls around him the entire time I was there. It's so funny how young the mothering starts.

He is kind of a blob still. I haven't got many toys out yet, besides his activity mat. He'll bat at a dangling toy on that every now and then. I show him the cat a lot- he pets her and he probably wonders what the heck it is. I also put him in front of my full length mirror and talk to him. We've been reading books, mostly just Cleo The Cat. I'm determined to make him like cats. He really likes that book, and so did the other 2 boys. It's a fave in our house. Other than that, he doesn't do much. Sleeps, eats, poops, talks, smiles, bats at a toy, dances under his mat and calls it a day.


Just starting to smile


Getting the hang of it


And he's got it down
   


2 comments:

The Knoll Family said...

I love the picture of Collin and the cat! Super cute.

Jessica said...

What a cutie! Love his smile!! H started sucking her thumb at about 3 months and hasn't stopped yet! She just turned 3!