Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good Things

  • I have been subbing 2 days a week at Hanover Horton elementary for the last 4 weeks. It has been so nice getting some extra money. Each day I work, I think of it as gas money to get to Florida. By now, I think I have made enough to get us down and back, and hotel there and back. And maybe even some extra to do some fun things. We were going to use our income tax money for the trip, but now we don't have too! I would love to be able to work 2 days a week all year- but David will be back to work soon.

  • Which leads to the next good thing- David will be back to work soon. Enough said.

  • Which leads to the next good thing- David is nervous about being called back to work soon, so we have decided to leave for Florida a few days early. Jake will have to miss 3 days of school, but it is only kindergarten, and he has already missed 15 days of school- what's 3 more days at this point?

  • Which leads to the next good thing- since we are leaving a few days early, I'm glad I got the boys' Easter baskets around last week. I had to go to 3 different stores to find exactly what I wanted.


They each got a big sand pail, which is their "basket," big bubbles, a squirt toy, boat toy, sand mold, big shovel and disposable camera. Perfect for an Easter at the beach. And it was only $16.00 a piece. I have to get the candy still. I bought that a little to far in advance and may have opened and eaten most of it. Oops.
  • Which leads to the next good thing- it's finally spring! We have a pond right next to our house and I love hearing the spring peepers. There are so many frogs it gets down right loud!

  • Which leads to the next good thing- look what came in the mail yesterday. The spring issue of Food and Family. I love this magazine. It is full of easy recipes. It is nice because it comes out in seasons, so this one is full of spring time recipes. If you don't get this magazine, I would definitely recommend it. It used to be free, but now it is $6.99 a year.



  • Which leads to the next good thing- since it is getting warmer, garage sales will be starting soon. I found this cute little dresser the other day for 30 bucks. I was going to paint it and sell it, but it will work perfect for little baby clothes so I am keeping it.
Now, my not so good things.
I'm sure I've mentioned before, we do not have cable. I don't have time to watch tv, and I have better things to spend $80 dollars a month on. I don't miss it at all. Especially now that Jon and Kate is off the air. I let the kids watch 2 shows a day, and I love PBS because at least they are learning something. They have really cute tv shows like World Word, and classics like Sesame Street, and Reading Rainbow. However, since the government had the switch over to digital, we have had nothing but problems getting PBS to come in. First we purchased a $100.oo antenna, that worked for 6 months. Then one day, no PBS. So then we purchase a $85 dollar "booster" to boost the signal. Worked for 6 months, now we have no PBS again. Why does it seem everything the government gets involved with turns into a bigger mess? Can't wait to see what kind of mess the health care reform causes. Enough about politics, just get me my damn PBS.
My other complaint is blogger. I've had trouble leaving comments on other blogs, it comes up with an error. And I've had trouble moving my pictures around on my posts. When I have to move over the top of another picture, it is a mess. Anybody else having problems?


4 comments:

Jessy Schoch said...

Sadie when are you leaving?? You should think about coming here for the night instead of the hotel :) We are 11 hours from Jackson, and then it would take you 8 to get to Orlando, I'm not sure how much farther your going! Anyways we have room for you, would love to see you and the best part yet is it's free!! Think about it and if you want to give me a call, we would LOVE to see you!!

I'm so glad you posted, it makes me miss you when I can't read your blog!!

Sara said...

What a fun post! The easter bucket idea is adorable. Are you going to have an early easter so you can use them while you are there?

Since you have a new Food and Family, I can't wait to see what you make me Sat. :) JK - I've got stuff for pigs in a blanket...

Brigett said...

We get PBS but it is choppy sometimes...do you have your antenna's pointed North toward their tower? We only paid $50 for the outside cable we have and get 17 channels...some are duplicates...but you know what I mean...We also purchased Nextflix and run our internet $50/month with the streaming feature...Adam likes to be able to watch Caiou...

jane said...

G loves her some PBS too. Your Easter basket idea is so cute, I love themes. I am going with a princess/Disney theme. Surprise, surprise :)