Sunday, March 14, 2010

Half Way

I can't believe I am half through this pregnancy, and I haven't given this baby any blog lovin. So, since I am behind on my favorite products, I am going to put in on hold and catch up on the kiddos. After all, that's what this blog is for!


I'm going to try and highlight the last 20 weeks so I have some memories from my third time around. And even though it is my third time being pregnant, it still feels new and amazing. I would have thought by the third time the novelty would have wore off, but no. And since I am experienced at this, you would think I would have learned in the early weeks, that even though I am hungry more often, that doesn't mean I have to eat massive amounts of food in one sitting. That just makes you feel gross and full to the point you don't want to move. What it does mean is your body is preparing you for what it will be like to have a baby- which means you are hungry every 2-3 hours and if you don't feed me right then, I will be cranky until I get fed. Which leads me to my next topic. Going to the bathroom 4-5 times per night. Once again, your body is preparing you for getting up with this new baby, so it preps you by having to urinate every 2 hours so that you are used to getting up multiple times per night. Goodbye full nights sleep.

Those first weeks, I was a napping fool. I couldn't understand how someone could work during those first 12 weeks. I couldn't wait for nap time to come! I would stare longingly at my bed all morning. And the odd thing is, with each pregnancy, before I knew I was pregnant, I had one day in particular that I could have slept all day. With Jake, I remember I had to work the 1-10pm shift and I was almost late because I had slept until 11:30am. Then when I was pregnant with Tyler, my mom happened to be visiting so she took care of Jake and I had another morning that I slept almost the whole morning. With this one, there was no sleeping all morning with 2 kids running around, but there was a day I remember that I tried to get Tyler to lay down at 12:30 because I couldn't stay awake. He dinked around for awhile because he usually doesn't go down until 2:00, but I couldn't last. He layed down at some point, but I was dead to the world. I didn't even hear Jake come home from school. I'm not sure what is taking place biologically, but there is always one day for each pregnancy, that I could have slept the whole day.




I'll throw a picture of the man baby up, to break up my long post.



I haven't really had a craving for anything, although there was a little humus incident early on, in which I ate so much of it, along with Stacey's Pita chips, that if I see any I may get violently ill. Other than that, my favorites have been cereal. Which was a favorite with the other 2 as well. With Jake I ate any kind of sugary cereal I could get my hands on, but now that I have 2 kids watching every morsel of food that enters my mouth, I've been sticking to the Cheerios and Rice Krispies. Cinnamon swirl raisin toast is another fav, but I recently noticed how many calories are in 2 pieces and have cut back a tad. Pretty much anything that is advertised or suggested sounds good and is usually put on the grocery list. Especially candy- love the Sweetarts. I've really been trying to drink a lot of water. I can go days without drinking a plain ol glass of water, but I'm trying to be good for the man baby, so I have found if I put in a bunch of ice and a straw, I will suck it down. I only had one night of making David go and get me something I was really wanting to eat, and that was when we got home from Colorado and we didn't have a drop of food in the house. I wanted Yen King sweet and sour chicken so bad! He got back in the car after driving all day and drove the 30 minutes into Jackson for my $30.00 of sweet and sour chicken.



So what comes after food? Weight gain. At my first ob appointment I asked the nurse what I had gained with the first two- 50 pounds with Jake and 30 with Tyler. I think I'll go for the average for this one and do 40. I honestly don't know my pre-pregnancy weight- I think it was 140, and at my last appointment I was at 157. So I have a 17 pound weight gain with 20 weeks to go. I'm definitely going to have to watch myself for the next half. Hopefully the water aerobics will keep things in check until the weather warms up and I can walk.

4 months

When you tell friends and family you are having a third, it is not the same as the first two. Everyone is excited about the first one, everyone expects the second, and the third, most people respond with "you must be trying for the girl." Which I am not going to lie, I was. I probably would not have had a third if I had already had a boy and girl. And I probably will not have the fourth had I not had three boys. No I am kidding! We planned on having this one, but we waited a long time to break the news to our family. I found out on November 28, and wanted to wait to share the news with my mom in person over Christmas in Colorado. I waited to tell my dad the night before he left for vacation January 19. I was dreading telling my dad because I thought he would be disappointed because we are really straining our finances with three kids and our living space! But he was fine with it. We told all of our close friends before we told our family, which is backwards, but we had to tell someone! We told the boys last, because 9 months is a long time to wait for a sibling. I think it was sometime in February. Do you think I videotaped it? Nope. Forgot all about it. I am really regretting that now. What a fun memory for them to have. I don't think their reactions to the new sibling was all that excited- it was the bunk beds that excited them most.

I started feeling the baby move when I was around 15-16 weeks. Now it moves daily. David really felt it kick a few times on Saturday. He was so astounded. This baby has really brought us a lot closer than the other two did.

It's hard to believe I'm already half way done. August seems a long way off. I would say the first half was the easy half. My clothes for the most part still fit. I'm loving my bella band. I still have one pair of regular jeans that fit and I am hanging on to them with dear life. I have few maternity clothes that I wear here and there. I am at the stage where I look pregnant, but if you didn't know me, you wouldn't ask. It's still uncertain if it is a baby or a beer belly to strangers. This second half is going to be uncomfortable and hot. I am going to try and keep up on documenting it more, so I don't end up with a really looong blog post trying to cram 20 weeks worth of events into one page.


3 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

You look GREAT Sadie!!!

jane said...

So no 4th? Kidding!! You look awesome, cute teeny tiny belly no freak of nature like we got going on over here :) I too love cereal and did with G as well. I too gained 50 pounds with my 1st. And lastly, I totally had a day where I could have slept all day before I found out I was pregnant with all 3 pregnancies. Must be all those cells organizing themselves into a human. Glad we get to share this one together!

Chrystal said...

You look FABULOUS! Have you found out the sex yet or are you going to have it be a surprise? I gave up FB for Lent, so am missing all the baby udates. :)